Sana Safinaz, Sapphire among lawn designers accused of plagiarizing art in their latest collections
This is not the first time someone has pointed out how Pakistani designers - the most renowned ones - are copying works of art and making them into Lawn designs of their own.
It’s a shame when you find out the lawn suit you JUST got - for which you probably fought with 3 aunties and stood in the back of a 2 hour long checkout queue - is a plagiarized piece of cheating cloth!
So this gentleman has pointed this out yet again - this time with 2018 lawn collections:
We all know this brand, we've witnessed the stock cleaned out in just half an hour of the day of the release - but did they ask Oscar De La Renta before conveniently stealing his design?
Oh my! Another one:
This is what we saw last year from the same brand:
What did the Japanese do to deserve this con-like behaviour? More importantly, what did we do to deserve to look like a wallpaper?
We always blame the Indians for copying the West in terms of film story lines, songs and even dialogues - but we never thought we'd live to see this day. Anita Dongre is an Indian fashion designer and is the founder of House of Anita Dongre.
And THIS - is just disappointment:
Okay, this one is just hilarious:
Here's why - read the description:
We wish lawn designs were more innovative than extremely expensive (that too, for plagiarism). This is not just unethical but a pretty shameful thing to be done in the age and era of social media and globalization - they would have found out one day or another.
Last year as well, Sapphire and Al Karam were caught in this act and this year, Cross Stitch also joins the bandwagon.
We just wish they'd give credit to the real designers at least - maybe then when we wear these designs we'll feel more at peace and probably happier to know this was actually a historic piece of art from the velayat!
- Two Pakistanis among four Muslims killed in fresh US ‘hate’ ...11:51 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Arshad Nadeem awarded international scholarship for Paris Olympics ...11:36 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Four #Pakistani soldiers martyred in #NorthWaziristan suicide attack10:23 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani mountaineer Shehroze Kashif sets new world record09:51 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Ashura 2022 – President Alvi, PM Shehbaz pay tribute to Hazrat Imam ...09:16 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Unstoppable at 79: Amitabh Bachchan all set to star in 'Uunchai'10:28 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Sonya Hussayn gears up for empowered character in new project09:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022