Punjab to conduct 6,000 COVID-19 tests daily from today
LAHORE – The Punjab government has announced to carry out 6,000 tests of Coronavirus on daily basis across the province from today (Sunday).
While talking to media in Lahore, Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar made the announcement and said that the first phase of smart testing will begin in six regions including Lahore, Rawalpindi, Multan, Gujrat, Faisalbad and Gujranwala.
He said that personal protective gear and other different devices related to Coronavirus pandemic are widely available in Punjab.
He said that tests of media workers, police personnel, administrative officers, health workers, TB and HIV patients, pregnant women under treatment in hospitals and inmates will be conducted.
The Chief Minister said we have completed procedure to open further low-risk industry. Markets will be opened once, permission is granted by the federal government.
He said the government has disbursed 34 billion rupees among 2.8 million needy families and remaining 2.5 families will benefit in the next phase under PM Ehsas Cash Emergency Program.
Under Ramadan package, 3,000 rupees per family will disbursed soon among one million families, he added.
- Coronavirus cases soar above 6 million worldwide11:28 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Latest pics of Nawaz Sharif, having coffee in London, take Twitter by ...09:57 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Pakistan makes face masks mandatory amid record daily deaths from ...09:07 PM | 30 May, 2020
- PAF officer, who died in PIA plane crash, laid to rest in Karachi08:19 PM | 30 May, 2020
- First Covid-19 death reported among KP nurses07:20 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020