Afghanistan sacks top generals over deadly hospital attack
On March 8, gunmen dressed as doctors attacked Sardar Daud Khan hospital in Kabul, with multiple surviving staff telling international news agency that insiders including two interns were also among the attackers. While the defence ministry refuse the claim regarding involvement of insiders.
The military intelligence head and the official in charge of medical support were among those who have been sacked and will face prosecution, the defense ministry said.
The Islamic State group had claimed the responsibility of the attack via its propaganda agency Amaq -- hours after the Taliban denied responsibility.
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021