Turkish couple hold wedding buffet in refugee camp
Ali Uzumcuoglu and his bride, who is not named in local media reports, tied the knot in Kilis province on the Syrian border, which is currently home to thousands of refugees fleeing conflict in the neighbouring country.
The Turkish couple invited 4,000 Syrian refugees as they wanted a celebration with difference.
"We wanted to present our case on our happy occasion by distributing wedding dinner together with our Syrian brothers," the groom said.
"That's much more beautiful than what we thought. Hopefully this will also give the start for other wedding dinner to be held here with our brothers in Syria. Well, it was a different wedding dinner," he added.
The couple used trucks of Kimse Yok Mu, international nonprofit humanitarian aid and development organization based in Turkey, to deliver food.
The bride and groom helped distribute the meal themselves and took their wedding pictures with people at the camp, according to local media.
- ‘Proud of you’ — PM Imran congratulates Team Pakistan for T20 ...11:05 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- PAKvIND: Pakistan make India bite the dust in first encounter of T20 ...10:29 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Jamal Kamal Khan resigns as Balochistan CM, cabinet dissolved09:12 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Chinese company announces resumption of work on Dasu hydropower ...08:15 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021