Turkish couple hold wedding buffet in refugee camp
Ali Uzumcuoglu and his bride, who is not named in local media reports, tied the knot in Kilis province on the Syrian border, which is currently home to thousands of refugees fleeing conflict in the neighbouring country.
The Turkish couple invited 4,000 Syrian refugees as they wanted a celebration with difference.
"We wanted to present our case on our happy occasion by distributing wedding dinner together with our Syrian brothers," the groom said.
"That's much more beautiful than what we thought. Hopefully this will also give the start for other wedding dinner to be held here with our brothers in Syria. Well, it was a different wedding dinner," he added.
The couple used trucks of Kimse Yok Mu, international nonprofit humanitarian aid and development organization based in Turkey, to deliver food.
The bride and groom helped distribute the meal themselves and took their wedding pictures with people at the camp, according to local media.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- KP IG’s brother dies in Larkana road accident08:37 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021