Turkish couple hold wedding buffet in refugee camp
Ali Uzumcuoglu and his bride, who is not named in local media reports, tied the knot in Kilis province on the Syrian border, which is currently home to thousands of refugees fleeing conflict in the neighbouring country.
The Turkish couple invited 4,000 Syrian refugees as they wanted a celebration with difference.
"We wanted to present our case on our happy occasion by distributing wedding dinner together with our Syrian brothers," the groom said.
"That's much more beautiful than what we thought. Hopefully this will also give the start for other wedding dinner to be held here with our brothers in Syria. Well, it was a different wedding dinner," he added.
The couple used trucks of Kimse Yok Mu, international nonprofit humanitarian aid and development organization based in Turkey, to deliver food.
The bride and groom helped distribute the meal themselves and took their wedding pictures with people at the camp, according to local media.
- Experts say one of four elephants in Pakistan needs urgent surgery11:55 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to host OIC foreign ministers’ meeting on Afghanistan on ...11:25 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Vernon Philander pens heartfelt good-bye message for Pakistan team10:56 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Petroleum prices in Pakistan to remain unchanged in December10:19 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021