Decision to find PIA's strategic partner deferred for six months, says Information Minister
Talking to newsmen in Islamabad on Wednesday, he said representatives of PIA unions met Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif who gave them six months to cooperate in overcoming challenges facing the national flag carrier.
He said the representatives were told that the decision to find a strategic partner is being deferred for six months. The Government would assess the situation during this period and then take a decision.
The Minister said patriotic employees of PIA were cooperating and flights were proceedings as per schedule. He asked what was justification for strike six months ahead of a development. He regretted that some political parties are exploiting the situation for their own ends.
To a question, he questioned what Imran Khan was aiming at by resorting to politics of agitation except creating difficulties for students, patients and workers.
Meanwhile, Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid has emphasized the need for resolution of Kashmir dispute for the sake of sustainable peace in the region and beyond.
He was addressing Kashmir Solidarity Seminar in Islamabad on Wednesday afternoon.
The Minister said there is complete consensus amongst all political parties of Pakistan on Kashmir issue.
He said every person with a conscience is supportive of the fundamental right of self-determination of Kashmiri people.
- Samsung launches SmartThings Find, a new way to quickly locate your ...03:14 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- edotco appoints new Country Managing Director Pakistan02:15 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- KIA Niro Spotted in Pakistan – Is the future of Hybrid vehicles ...01:51 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Bakhtawar's fiancé arrives in Karachi tomorrow10:58 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020