List of public holidays for 2019 released
A total of 14 public holidays — Kashmir Day, Pakistan Day, Labour Day, Eidul Fitr, Eidul Azha, Independence Day, Ashura, Eid Miladun Nabi (PBUH) and Quaid-e-Azam Day — was announced according to the notification issued by the Interior Ministry.
“In case of Muslim festivals, the dates of holidays are based on anticipated dates and are subject to appearance of the moon for which a separate notification will be issued by the Ministry of Interior,” the notification added.
Additionally, three bank holidays – January 1, May 7 and July 1 – were on the list for this year. Banks will remain closed on the three days for the public, but not for employees.
The federal government also listed 23 optional holidays, including New Years, Basant, Shiv Ratri, Holi, Dulhandi, Shab-e-Mairaj, Good Friday, Easter, Nauroze, for government officials.
"Government officials desiring to avail optional holidays shall take prior permission of the head of the office concerned and no government servant, who is Muslim, shall be granted more than one optional holiday. Non-Muslims can be granted three optional holidays in Calendar Year 2018-19," the notification added.
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- China to invest $15 billion in Pakistan' petrochemical sector05:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021