Pakistan to host 8th SAARC Finance Ministers meeting on August 26
The Finance Ministers' meeting will precede the upcoming SAARC Summit in Pakistan and lay the ground work for progress on regional cooperation in the areas of finance and investment to be subsequently endorsed by heads of states and government at the Summit.
In letters addressed to the Finance Ministers of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka, the Dar said that since the last meeting held in Kathmandu in August last year, considerable progress had been achieved in finance and investment related areas.
At the same time, certain other areas related to SAARC Development Fund (SDF) required further deliberations and follow-up action, Dar added.
The Minister hoped that participation of all members would be helpful in achieving the objectives that SAARC had been striving for since its creation.
The SAARC Summit is scheduled to be held in Pakistan in November 2016.
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022