ECP starts accepting nomination papers after suspension of LHC verdict
The election commission will continue to receive the nomination papers till June 8 and the initial list of candidates will be released on the same day, while dates for other developments regarding elections will remain unchanged.
According to a communique issued by ECP, the papers will be available both in Urdu and English language and the security fee for national Assembly is Rs 30,000 while it is Rs 20,000 for provincial assembly seat.
'The security fee will be seized provided candidates fail to secure 1/4th of total votes' said the election regulator.
Elections will be held on July 25 at any cost, SC ... 12:48 PM | 3 Jun, 2018
LAHORE - The Supreme Court on Sunday suspended nullification of nomination papers by Lahore High Court’s (LHC). ...
On Friday, the Lahore High Court had ruled that the nomination forms of the electoral candidates did not seek necessary information and declarations such as details on educational background, criminal record, and dual citizenship. The court ordered ECP to incorporate the requirements of Articles 62 and 63 of the Constitution to the nomination papers.
However, the Supreme Court, on Sunday suspended the LHC's verdict that nullified nomination forms of electoral candidates for the upcoming general elections.
Speaker of National Assembly Sardar Ayaz Sadiq and ECP had filed petitions earlier in the day, challenging the LHC's ruling.
During the court proceedings on Sunday, the petitioners' counsel had stated that LHC’s decision on nomination forms would delay elections, adding that they took the matter to apex court as they did not want elections to be postponed.
The counsel added that the elections are feared to be delayed as the filing of nomination papers has been put on hold following the verdict by the Lahore High Court's single bench Justice Ayesha Malik.
Earlier, the nomination papers were to be filed between June 2 and 6, however, the petition filed by journalist Habib Karam through legal expert Saad Rasool in the Lahore High Court, delayed the process.
- PAKvENG, 2nd Test – Babar Azam dismissed early as Pakistan resume ...10:32 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Netherlands out of World Cup after losing to Argentina on penalties10:14 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Azam Swati’s farmhouses sealed over illegal construction09:44 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani forces kill four TTP militants in KP operation09:14 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:42 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Dananeer and Khushhal gear up for a new TV project09:41 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Another Indian actress quits showbiz to embrace Islamic lifestyle11:12 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ranbir Kapoor hopes to work with Pakistani artists in future11:30 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022