Indian Air Force plane with 13 on board goes missing
According to details, the AN-32 aircraft, typically used for transport, took off from Assam’s Jorhat town for Menchuka in Arunachal Pradesh state but lost contact with ground agencies at around 1:00 PM (0730 GMT).
The authorities have launched a search operation to trace the missing aircraft.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, who assumed charge of the ministry last week, said that he was in touch with senior air force officials.
“I pray for the safety of all passengers on board,” he said on Twitter.
Spoke to Vice Chief of @IAF_MCC, Air Marshal Rakesh Singh Bhadauria regarding the missing IAF AN-32 Aircraft which is overdue for some hours.— Rajnath Singh (@rajnathsingh) June 3, 2019
He has apprised me of the steps taken by the IAF to find the missing aircraft. I pray for the safety of all passengers on board.
- Man arrested for running fake Twitter account in Syra Yousuf's name11:39 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir leaves fans impressed as she sings 'Kesariya'10:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Aima Baig trolled for playing 'religion card' after cheating ...10:40 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Swedish scientist wins Nobel Prize for medicine over DNA work10:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Saba Qamar sets temperature soaring with new clicks05:00 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022