Indian Air Force plane with 13 on board goes missing
According to details, the AN-32 aircraft, typically used for transport, took off from Assam’s Jorhat town for Menchuka in Arunachal Pradesh state but lost contact with ground agencies at around 1:00 PM (0730 GMT).
The authorities have launched a search operation to trace the missing aircraft.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, who assumed charge of the ministry last week, said that he was in touch with senior air force officials.
“I pray for the safety of all passengers on board,” he said on Twitter.
Spoke to Vice Chief of @IAF_MCC, Air Marshal Rakesh Singh Bhadauria regarding the missing IAF AN-32 Aircraft which is overdue for some hours.— Rajnath Singh (@rajnathsingh) June 3, 2019
He has apprised me of the steps taken by the IAF to find the missing aircraft. I pray for the safety of all passengers on board.
- Man accused of blasphemy walks free after 10 years in jail12:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan slips 16 positions to 140th in corruption perception index ...10:46 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Tariq Mahmood-ul-Hassan appointed PM’s aide on overseas Pakistanis09:49 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,357 new Covid-19 cases, active infections soar to ...09:26 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Coke Studio 14: Twitter reacts to Atif Aslam and Momina Mustehsan’s ...07:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Shaista Lodhi's dance video goes viral05:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Ramsha Khan and Ahad Mir pair up for an upcoming Ramadan play06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021