Nepal asks world to call off rescue operations
Nepalese authorities reckon there can be no more survivors.
On Monday, Kathmandu requested all 34 countries involved in rescue operations in Nepal to call off their operations. Confirming this to the Times of India, MEA spokesperson Vikas Swarup said, "We have been asked to move to the next phase, that is, rehabilitation and reconstruction."
However, Nepal has requested India for heavy equipment to remove the huge pile of rubble and help with the repair and rehabilitation.
Swarup said India would soon send heavy equipment in response to Nepalese demand. India he said had been working closely with the civilian and military authorities in Nepal on the relief effort. India, he said, was not acting unilaterally.
On Sunday, Nepalese from across the world lobbied on social media to remove the Indian media from covering the disaster. They have been accused of reporting insensitively with a humiliating degree of intrusiveness.
- PPP leader Wajid Shamsul Hasan passes away01:42 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- and they lived, HAPPILY EVER AFTER!01:11 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan urges world to unfreeze Afghanistan’s assets01:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- NCOC decides to start vaccinating children aged 12 years and above12:42 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra sparks memes after her Paris video goes viral06:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz and Kubra Khan look stunning in similar outfits06:04 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subaşı's singing video goes viral04:25 PM | 27 Sep, 2021