Pakistan easing lockdown restrictions slowly, says PM
Members of Corona Relief Tiger Force will not get salaries
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday said that the government is easing lockdown measures, which were taken to stem the spread of coronavirus, gradually as it deprived numbers of people from their jobs.
Addressing Corona Relief Tiger Force, which is going to start operation from today, the prime minister highlighted that the lockdown vastly affected daily wagers and labourers community, adding that it also caused unemployment in the country.
He said that SOPs are being outlined regarding lifting the lockdown in the country in order to spin the wheel of the economy.
“We will have to re-impose the lockdown if people showed negligence while following the SOPs,” the prime minister said.
Talking about the tiger force, he said that it will work in coordination with the local administration, adding that it will not be authorised to take action against someone on its own.
As it is a volunteer force, the members will not get any salary, he said, adding that they will not collect funds from people.
The force will point out the violations like hoarding, etc and will inform the administration that will take action.
The volunteers will also register the people who lost their jobs during the coronavirus crisis, the prime minister said.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Seven-day anti-polio drive starts across Sindh12:36 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020