Pakistan easing lockdown restrictions slowly, says PM
Members of Corona Relief Tiger Force will not get salaries
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday said that the government is easing lockdown measures, which were taken to stem the spread of coronavirus, gradually as it deprived numbers of people from their jobs.
Addressing Corona Relief Tiger Force, which is going to start operation from today, the prime minister highlighted that the lockdown vastly affected daily wagers and labourers community, adding that it also caused unemployment in the country.
He said that SOPs are being outlined regarding lifting the lockdown in the country in order to spin the wheel of the economy.
“We will have to re-impose the lockdown if people showed negligence while following the SOPs,” the prime minister said.
Talking about the tiger force, he said that it will work in coordination with the local administration, adding that it will not be authorised to take action against someone on its own.
As it is a volunteer force, the members will not get any salary, he said, adding that they will not collect funds from people.
The force will point out the violations like hoarding, etc and will inform the administration that will take action.
The volunteers will also register the people who lost their jobs during the coronavirus crisis, the prime minister said.
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- KSA reopens Masjid-e-Nabwi for public today09:28 AM | 31 May, 2020
- COVID-19 outbreak: NCOC seeks provinces' feedback on opening more ...08:39 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Coronavirus cases soar above 6 million worldwide11:28 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Latest pics of Nawaz Sharif, having coffee in London, take Twitter by ...09:57 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020