Sugar inquiry commission's key member tests positive for COVID-19
ISLAMABAD - A forensic report on sugar and wheat scandal is likely to be more delayed as a key members of inquiry commission reportedly tested positive for coronaviru.
Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) additional director, who is part of the highly-empowered probe team, has quarantined himself following his medical report, according to Geo news.
Earlier, the inquiry report was to be submitted on April 25 but the probe team was granted time for more three weeks to complete its investigation.
On April 26, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Accountability and Interior Mirza Shahzad Akbar in a tweet said "Sugar forensic Commission report was due today, however the Commission has requested the federal government for extension of time (3 weeks) for submission of a thorough report and their request will be considered by the federal cabinet on Tuesday."
On the directions of Prime Minister Imran Khan the reports of the inquiry committees tasked to probe sugar and wheat crises in the country have been made public on April 4.
The prime minister further directed the committee on sugar to conduct forensic analysis of sugar mills to further expand the findings.
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:34 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 November 202008:30 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- PDM workers storm Multan stadium ahead of Nov 30 rally11:49 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- OIC adopts Pakistan-sponsored resolution against Islamophobia11:36 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Mike Tyson returns to ring (Face-off VIDEO)11:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020