Sugar inquiry commission's key member tests positive for COVID-19
ISLAMABAD - A forensic report on sugar and wheat scandal is likely to be more delayed as a key members of inquiry commission reportedly tested positive for coronaviru.
Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) additional director, who is part of the highly-empowered probe team, has quarantined himself following his medical report, according to Geo news.
Earlier, the inquiry report was to be submitted on April 25 but the probe team was granted time for more three weeks to complete its investigation.
On April 26, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Accountability and Interior Mirza Shahzad Akbar in a tweet said "Sugar forensic Commission report was due today, however the Commission has requested the federal government for extension of time (3 weeks) for submission of a thorough report and their request will be considered by the federal cabinet on Tuesday."
On the directions of Prime Minister Imran Khan the reports of the inquiry committees tasked to probe sugar and wheat crises in the country have been made public on April 4.
The prime minister further directed the committee on sugar to conduct forensic analysis of sugar mills to further expand the findings.
- Pakistan surpasses 70,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,499 confirmed ...04:51 PM | 31 May, 2020
- 'Pakistan to boost soybean yield by using China’s intercropping ...04:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020