Peace committee member among 5 killed in South Waziristan
The explosion, triggered by an improvised explosive device, took place in Spinkai area of South Waziristan, administration officials said.
Peoples’ Aman Committee Commander Wali Jan Mehsud and the school teacher was among the five persons killed.
Peace committee members are targetted time and again in the districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and agencies of its adjoining Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
In October, a peace committee member was targetted in Ghar rea of Malam Jabba in Swat. The targetted person, Ahmed Zeb, was in his car with his father and two other people, when the incident took place.
In the targetted attack, Zeb’s father was killed while two others were critically injured, police had said.
- China terms Australia-UK-US alliance ‘extremely irresponsible’, ...11:25 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- FO reacts to US State Secretary Blinken’s remarks about ...08:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021