Peace committee member among 5 killed in South Waziristan
The explosion, triggered by an improvised explosive device, took place in Spinkai area of South Waziristan, administration officials said.
Peoples’ Aman Committee Commander Wali Jan Mehsud and the school teacher was among the five persons killed.
Peace committee members are targetted time and again in the districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and agencies of its adjoining Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
In October, a peace committee member was targetted in Ghar rea of Malam Jabba in Swat. The targetted person, Ahmed Zeb, was in his car with his father and two other people, when the incident took place.
In the targetted attack, Zeb’s father was killed while two others were critically injured, police had said.
- T20 World Cup: South Africa’s Quinton de Kock apologiese over ...04:00 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Arrest warrant issued for PM's aide Shahbaz Gill in defamation suit02:56 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam shares a heartwarming father-son moment (VIDEO)02:37 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021