NAB shuts inquiry against PM Imran's close aide Zulfi Bukhari
ISLAMABAD - National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Chairman Javed Iqbal on Thursday ordered to close an inquiry against Special Assistant to PM on overseas Pakistanis and human resource development, besides opening new graft references against PML-N and PPP.
In March 2018, the anti-graft watchdog had initiated a probe against Bukhari pertaining to offshore companies. The investigation has now been ended due to lack of evidence.
The NAB chief approved nine new inquiries in a meeting of the its executive board.
Former president Asif Ali Zardari, ex-prime minister Yousaf Raza Gilani - also bigwigs of PPP - and PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif will face new corruption references pertaining to handing out gift vehicles from the Toshakhana or (the gift depository) against low prices.
Further, investigations have also been approved against the administration of Islamabad Police's Safe City Project, MNA Sardar Ashiq Hussain Gopang, and the former MPA Chaudhry Shaukat Mahmood Basra.
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020