NAB shuts inquiry against PM Imran's close aide Zulfi Bukhari
ISLAMABAD - National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Chairman Javed Iqbal on Thursday ordered to close an inquiry against Special Assistant to PM on overseas Pakistanis and human resource development, besides opening new graft references against PML-N and PPP.
In March 2018, the anti-graft watchdog had initiated a probe against Bukhari pertaining to offshore companies. The investigation has now been ended due to lack of evidence.
The NAB chief approved nine new inquiries in a meeting of the its executive board.
Former president Asif Ali Zardari, ex-prime minister Yousaf Raza Gilani - also bigwigs of PPP - and PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif will face new corruption references pertaining to handing out gift vehicles from the Toshakhana or (the gift depository) against low prices.
Further, investigations have also been approved against the administration of Islamabad Police's Safe City Project, MNA Sardar Ashiq Hussain Gopang, and the former MPA Chaudhry Shaukat Mahmood Basra.
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019