Sindh police accuse PPP minister of running crime rings amid IGP transfer issue
KARACHI – Sind Energy Minister Imtiaz Ahmed Shaikh has been accused of leading criminals and using them to suppress political opponents, a startling revelation made by Shikarpur senior superintendent of police (SSP) Dr Muhammad Rizwan Ahmed Khan in an investigation report.
It further revealed that the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader’s men killed the son of a political opponent, Shah Nawaz Brohi, local media reported.
The report came after Sindh Cabinet decided to remove provincial police chief IGP Kalim Imam over what it claimed compelling reasons.
The provincial minister has also been accused of providing shelter to criminals in his guest houses, farmhouses and other places, it added.
SSP Khan further claimed of obtaining call records of Shaik and his other family members. The report further alleged that the minister and a nefarious dacoit had contacts multiple times.
The investigation report went on to reveal that Shaikh used his link to appoint person of his choice in police department.
Shaikh, however, has rejected the allegations as baseless and based on personal enmity.
- No coronavirus case in Pakistan; screening continues at airports12:24 AM | 20 Feb, 2020
- Rothschild suit revives family's Vienna past10:22 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- 3 youth martyred in Pulwama as India launches another anti-Kashmir ...10:08 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Kashmir issue no more a bilateral but international human rights ...09:55 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- WWF-Pakistan stresses innovative technologies for wastewater ...06:53 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Harry Styles reportedly mugged at knifepoint on Valentine's Day01:42 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- UN chief meets Mahira Khan, thanks her for ‘extraordinary support’02:59 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019