Punjab Revenue Authority shuts down major fashion outlets due to non-payment of taxes
The outlets were sealed during raids by a PRA team led by Additional Commissioner Ayesha Ranjha.
According to Revenue Authority spokesperson outlets owned by Zara Shahjahan, Mini Bindra, Sania Maskatiya, Nida Azwer, Ayesha Imram, Shirin Hassan and Ammar Belal are also among those sealed during the raids on Thursday.
The statement further added the authority has been asking the fashion outlets to pay their due taxes for over a year and upon their non-cooperation the serious step has been taken. The outlets owe taxes worth Rs 80 million to Punjab Revenue Authority, it claimed.
According to a press release, PRA officials sealed Oxygen Gym and Convert Fitness in Z Block DHA, Vigour Gym, Genesis, Azhar Fitness Centre and Synergy Health Fitness in Jauhar Town. The PRA officials also met resistance when they went to seal Convert Fitness and Azhar Fitness Centre, the press release said.
The authority has also appointed two officials to monitor the actual sales of two leading cafes in provincial capital in order to ensure whether the filed general sales tax (GST) was enough or not.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-14-Updated ...09:55 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan reports highest daily coronavirus deaths in ten months09:19 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 14 April 202108:48 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Pakistan take on South Africa in 3rd T20I today08:00 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021