Appointed minority member in advisory council not Islamic Ideology Council, Fawad responds to critics
ISLAMABAD - Following a backlash over the appointment of a minority member in the Economic Advisory council by some fundamentalists, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry said that minorities have same rights in Pakistan as the majority.
The information minister, responding to the criticism, said that the minority member has been appointed in the advisory council related to the economy and not in the Islamic ideology council, local media reported.
"I don't think that anybody raise objection over his appointment," he said adding that the government has appointed a highly qualified person.
"Those who are raising objections are actually fundamentalists," Chaudhry said, adding, "We should not bend to the fundamentalism".
"Its duty of every Muslim to protect and respect the minorities," he added.
Prime Minister Imran Khan had on Saturday reconstituted the high profile Economic Advisory Council with members having vast experience under their belts.
Top economists roped in as PM Imran installs new ... 01:58 PM | 1 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has reconstituted an 11- member Economic Advisory Council (EAC) as part of his ...
The council also comprises a highly qualified minority member, a step which was widely hailed on the social media platforms.
- 285 stranded Pakistanis return home in two special flights04:42 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Four young Kashmiris martyred in fresh act of Indian terrorism02:48 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020