Veteran actress Shamim Ara dies in London
According to the details, Shamim was taken to London in 2010 for treatment after her health worsened. The actress had been in a coma after brain surgery. She was undergoing treatment for her coma.
Shamim Ara was born in British India at Aligarh in 1938. Shameem started her showbiz career through the film Kanwari Bewah in 1956 and after that she never looked back. She was honoured with the "Nigar Award" four times.
The 78-year-old actress had numerous hit movies under her belt including Saheli (1960),Qaidi (1962), Naila (1965) and Anarkali (1958). She then turned to direction and became successful in that line of work as well.
Showbiz celebrities have expressed sorrow over the demise of seasoned actress.
Many took to Twitter to condole with the bereaved family.
Veteran actress Shamim Ara passed away in Southampton after a prolonged illness. May Allah bless her soul. #RIP— Murtaza Ali Shah (@MurtazaViews) August 5, 2016
- Abbottabad man in custody, accused of raping teenager in front of ...12:08 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PTI leader killed in road accident near AJK’s Rawalakot11:34 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Tarin hints at petroleum price hike throughout next FY11:07 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021: Peshawar Zalmi to lock horns against Quetta Gladiators today10:13 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 12 June 202109:25 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Minal Khan, Ahsan Mohsin look fabulous at ‘official’ engagement ...12:46 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021