Moneeza Hashmi to lead Lahore Arts Council BoGs
LAHORE - Moneeza Hashmi, the former Pakistan Television (PTV) General Manager and daughter of prominent poet Faiz Ahmed Faiz, has been appointed Chairperson of the Board of Governors Lahore Arts Council. She becomes the first woman to hold this position which was also once held by Faiz himself.
While talking to daily publication 'The Express Tribune', Moneeza Hashmi stated:
“Lahore Arts Council is a centre for cultural activities and this institution has already been doing an excellent job in the past. Many events have taken place under the supervision of this institution,”
She also stated, “However, I have a different vision and plans for this institution. In the future, better things will happen. Following the agenda of Prime Minister Imran Khan, it will be our priority that we engage our youth and bring them in the first row of things to promote young talent,”
“We are planning meetings to discuss the activities that will be framed in the days to come. We will take systematic and concrete steps to further strengthen the cultural and literary traditions of the past,” she added.
Here, wishing all the very best to Moneeza Hashmi for her future endeavours.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020