Turkey shares Pakistan's concerns on India's illegal moves in occupied Jammu & Kashmir, Erdogan tells PM Imran
He reiterated that Pakistan would continue its diplomatic, moral and political to the just cause of Kashmiri struggle for their right to self-determination, as enshrined in the United Nations Security Council resolutions.
Articles 370, 35A SCRAPPED: Rajya Sabha passes ... 07:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2019
NEW DELHI – The Rajya Sabha or Council of States is the upper house of the bicameral Indian parliament on Monday ...
The contact between the two leaders comes in the backdrop of worsening situation in the Held Jammu and Kashmir, where the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) led government in Centre has hurriedly scrapped Article 370 and Article 35A in Jammu and Kashmir, while also bifurcating the state into union territories of Occupied Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh in clear violation of the UN resolutions on Kashmir.
Before his contact with the Trukish president, Khan apprised his Malaysian counterpart Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad of the recent developments in the Indian Occupied Kashmir, saying this illegal move over the status of Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IoK) would deteriorate the peace and security of the region and further undermine the relations between the two neighbors with strategic capabilities.
India’s illegal move to change Kashmir’s ... 07:19 PM | 5 Aug, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Monday said India’s illegal move over the status of Indian Occupied Jammu and ...
Yesterday, the PM condemned the "irresponsible, unilateral and irrational behaviour" by India in the disputed Kashmir territory, with the country's top civilian and military leaderships warning New Delhi's crackdown was destabilising the region.
Khan was speaking at a meeting of Pakistan's National Security Committee in the capital Islamabad on Sunday, following an escalating crackdown in Indian-administered Kashmir that has seen the deployment of thousands of troops, parts of the territory completely locked down, political leaders arrested and telecommunications cut off.
"PM [Khan] invited attention of world leaders and international bodies towards irresponsible, unilateral and irrational behaviour of Indian leadership," said a government statement.
"The recent Indian measures will increase the levels of violence and turn this area into a flashpoint and a destabilising factor in the midst of two strategically capable neighbouring countries," it said.
Meanwhile, the three Jammu & Kashmir’s most prominent politicians — Mehbooba Mufti, Omar Abdullah and Sajad Lone — have been placed under house arrest amid a massive security build-up in the occupied region. Internet services and mobile services were suspended in several places and all public gatherings were banned in Srinagar district as Section 144 was imposed from Sunday midnight.
- Pakistani rupee gains Rs2.54 against dollar in interbank market12:37 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- TV anchor Iqrarul Hassan jumps into dispute between Aamir Liaquat’s ...11:50 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pemra warns TV channels of action for airing ‘propaganda ...11:18 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Court grants two-day remand of Shahbaz Gill in sedition case10:15 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022