Pakistan will not allow its land to be used against any country: ISPR
RAWALPINDI – Director General Inter Services Public Relations Major General Asif Ghafoor has said Pakistan will not allow its land to be used against any country.
Talking to a private TV channel Sunday, the spokesman for Pakistan's armed forces said "we will not become part of any action that undermines the regional stability".
Pakistan stands for peace and is making all out efforts for regional peace, the DG-ISPR said, adding that we have played a significant role in Afghan reconciliation process.
The regional situation has changed after the US attack on Iranian general Qassem Soleimani, he further said.
COAS received telephone call from US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. Regional situation including possible implications of recent escalation in Middle East was discussed. (1of2).— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) January 3, 2020
Major General Asif Ghafoor said US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo held telephonic communication with Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa in which the army chief emphasized to reduce tensions between regional countries.
Replying to a question, he said the course India has chosen will lead to its own destruction. He said Pakistan armed forces know how to defend their country.
Qasem Soleimani: US airstrikes kill top Iranian ... 09:46 AM | 3 Jan, 2020
BAGHDAD - Top Iranian General Qasem Soleimani was killed in a United States (US) airstrike in Baghdad on ...
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Newly built hospital to help Pakistan fight against COVID-19 ...04:16 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s earns US $ 1176 mln from IT services’ export04:03 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020