Shehbaz Sharif vows to construct Bhasha dam after assuming power
LAHORE - Former chief minister and president Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif has expressed that water shortage was a big challenge and if his party comes into power after general elections 2018, they would construct Bhasha Dam and generate 4000 MW electricity from it within five years.
Water storage of 6000 million acres would also irrigate the lands of the country, he added while addressing the PML-N's workers convention on Wednesday.
The former lawmaker said the PML-N government added 11000 MW electricity into the national grid during the last five years and overcome power outages adding that the PML-N government had served the masses selflessly during its tenure and put the country on road to progress and prosperity.
He said the PML-N would win the general election on the basis of its performance as they were demanding votes for the selfless service to the masses.
'PML-N served the masses for 10 years in Punjab and completed a number of development projects for the welfare of people,' said the politician.
SC orders immediate construction of Bhasha, ... 07:26 PM | 4 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court of Pakistan (SC) ordered on Wednesday the immediate construction of two dams. Chief ...
Criticizing the PTI government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, he said the PTI did nothing in the province as it did not establish any hospital, university or lab.
Shehbaz said the PML-N government provided free medicines in public sector hospitals in Punjab to facilitate the patients, while CT scan machines were also installed in all DHQ hospitals.
'Danish School and Technical University would be established in Sahiwal in the first year if the PML-N comes into power,' said the PMLN leader.
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Trump’s Mideast plan: Pakistan wants Jerusalem as capital of ...07:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Female polio vaccinator killed in Swabi firing incident06:32 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan rejects Indian PM Modi's war-mongering remarks06:10 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Malaysia in talks with Pakistan to import security guards04:39 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019