Hamza Shehbaz sent to jail on 14-day judicial remand
An accountability court conducted hearing in the case and rejected the National Accountability Bureau’s petition seeking his physical remand.
Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly, Shehbaz Sharif and his son have been accused of constructing a drain around the Hamza-owned sugar mills using the money from the national treasury.
NAB arrests Hamza Shehbaz after bail expires 12:43 PM | 11 Jun, 2019
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court has rejected Opposition Leader in the Punjab Assembly Hamza Shehbaz's interim bail ...
Besides Hamza, Shehbaz Sharif also appeared before the court and presented his arguments saying, he gave sugar cane labourers a higher rate than Sindh labourers.
“I am willing to resign if the labourers don’t get their rights,” he said.
During the hearing, NAB prosecutor contended that Hamza Shahbaz wasn’t cooperating during the investigation.
The Punjab Assembly opposition leader was arrested on June 11 after he withdrew his bail petitions in the two inquiries.
- PSL 2021: Peshawar Zalmi to lock horns against Quetta Gladiators today10:13 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 12 June 202109:25 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,194 new cases, 57 deaths08:45 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 12 June 202107:59 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Minal Khan, Ahsan Mohsin look fabulous at ‘official’ engagement ...12:46 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021