Five Arab countries cut diplomatic ties with Qatar over allegedly "backing terrorism"
Saudi Arabia's official state news agency, citing an official source, said the Kingdom had decided to break relations with Qatar "proceeding from the exercise of its sovereign right guaranteed by international law and the protection of national security from the dangers of terrorism and extremism".
Pakistan has no immediate plans to cut ties with ... 12:11 PM | 5 Jun, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has no immediate plans to cut diplomatic ties with Qatar, the Foreign Office spokesperson said on ...
Bahrain, a close ally of Saudi Arabia, said it cut relations “on the insistence of the state of Qatar to continue destabilizing the security and stability of the Kingdom of Bahrain and to intervene in its affairs.”
It has given 14 days time to all citizens to leave Bahrain.
Later, the UAE announced that it would break relations with the fellow Gulf country over allegations of supporting extremism and undermining regional stability. The Emirates gave diplomats 48 hours to leave the country.
Egypt also decided to close all air and sea routes for Qatar.
Qatar is the largest exporter of liquefied natural gas (LNG) in the world, besides having extensive air and banking links throughout the countries.
- Huawei executive freed by Canada arrives home in China12:40 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- National T20 Cup, Match 8: Central Punjab beat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by ...12:14 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Video leak scandal ‘involving’ PML-N leader Muhammad Zubair hits ...11:25 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran underscores importance of making Karachi Coastal Development ...10:55 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Kabul airport ready for international flights, Taliban tell world08:39 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Mashal Khan breaks silence on receiving acid attack threats01:35 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Atif Aslam, Mahira Khan’s much-awaited music video released01:00 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Air ambulance for ailing Umer Sharif to reach Karachi tomorrow07:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2021