Qatari Prince reluctant to appear before JIT because of Hussain Nawaz's leaked photo
According to well-placed sources, the Qatari royal family has expressed serious concerns after a leaked photo of Hussain Nawaz went viral on social media.
The controversial photo was met with public obloquy and fueled speculations over JIT’s credibility and security arrangements.
The sources added that the royal family, prior to the leaking of photo, had prepared to record their statement before JIT. However, the controversial leaked photo has made the royal family reluctant to appear before the JIT personally. “It would be unacceptable for the Qatari prince if his pictures are released in the same manner,” the sources added.
Therefore, the Qatari prince would not appear before the investigation in person and would rather prefer to send his answers via a letter if a questionnaire is sent to him.
Earlier on Monday, the Federal Investigation Agency’s (FIA) Additional Director-General Wajid Zia took notice of the picture and initiated an inquiry with a question reviewing if the picture is real or not.
The picture registers the time of 11:37am May 28; hence, the officers, who were present on duty the same day, are being questioned over the leak, media reports said on Monday.
Later, the JIT will present its stance before the Panama implementation bench
- UK lawmaker David Amess stabbed to death in his own constituency07:23 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Ban on new domestic gas connections imposed across Pakistan06:43 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Punjab launches crackdown against sugar mills’ owners06:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Russia to host Pakistan, China and US for crucial Afghanistan talks ...06:06 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan announces public holiday on Oct 19 to mark Eid Milad-un-Nabi05:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Man creates Guinness World Record for balancing 735 eggs on a hat03:50 PM | 15 Oct, 2021