British-Pakistani actor Alyy Khan on banning artists: Key to more understanding and tolerance is more collaboration
Alyy spoke of IANS, "Bans of any nature are never a good idea – they inhibit creativity and create a culture of negativity and suspicion. The key to more understanding and tolerance is more collaboration. In unity lies strength. How can that push us back? That is the future."
Having worked extensively in Bollywood (Luck by Chance, Don 2), and even Hollywood (A Mighty Heart alongside Angelina Jolie), and of course Pakistani entertainment industry (Khuda Mera Bhi Hia, Shehrnaz, and Yeh Zindagi Hai) Alyy feels that art always suffers due to political tensions.
"Art does usually suffer, which is quite a paradox because it is also the unifying sensibility that transcends time and space to bond similar cultures together," Alyy continued.
Alyy is currently enjoying the success of his award-winning American film 'The Valley'.
- China establishes world's largest 5G mobile network09:38 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- How many Pakistanis are expected to perform Hajj this year, reveals ...08:55 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia before or after Eid08:08 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Jamshed Iqbal Cheema appointed SAPM on food security07:48 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- In first step to control price hike, new Pakistani finance minister ...07:35 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021