British-Pakistani actor Alyy Khan on banning artists: Key to more understanding and tolerance is more collaboration
Alyy spoke of IANS, "Bans of any nature are never a good idea – they inhibit creativity and create a culture of negativity and suspicion. The key to more understanding and tolerance is more collaboration. In unity lies strength. How can that push us back? That is the future."
Having worked extensively in Bollywood (Luck by Chance, Don 2), and even Hollywood (A Mighty Heart alongside Angelina Jolie), and of course Pakistani entertainment industry (Khuda Mera Bhi Hia, Shehrnaz, and Yeh Zindagi Hai) Alyy feels that art always suffers due to political tensions.
"Art does usually suffer, which is quite a paradox because it is also the unifying sensibility that transcends time and space to bond similar cultures together," Alyy continued.
Alyy is currently enjoying the success of his award-winning American film 'The Valley'.
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Negligence in serving expats unacceptable, PMImran tells Pakistani ...09:49 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021