British-Pakistani actor Alyy Khan on banning artists: Key to more understanding and tolerance is more collaboration
Alyy spoke of IANS, "Bans of any nature are never a good idea – they inhibit creativity and create a culture of negativity and suspicion. The key to more understanding and tolerance is more collaboration. In unity lies strength. How can that push us back? That is the future."
Having worked extensively in Bollywood (Luck by Chance, Don 2), and even Hollywood (A Mighty Heart alongside Angelina Jolie), and of course Pakistani entertainment industry (Khuda Mera Bhi Hia, Shehrnaz, and Yeh Zindagi Hai) Alyy feels that art always suffers due to political tensions.
"Art does usually suffer, which is quite a paradox because it is also the unifying sensibility that transcends time and space to bond similar cultures together," Alyy continued.
Alyy is currently enjoying the success of his award-winning American film 'The Valley'.
- Turkish President Erdogan calls for settlement of Kashmir issue under ...11:36 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Mardan orphan student sets record by obtaining full marks in matric10:57 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Taliban ask to speak at UN, nominate Suhail Shaheen as Afghan envoy10:32 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran hints at civil war if Taliban fail to form inclusive govt in ...10:06 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:33 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021