ECP calls meeting to review PM Imran’s serious allegations
ISLAMABAD – The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has summoned a high-level internal meeting today to review the speech of Prime Minister Imran Khan, who levelled serious allegations against the electoral body during the Senate polls in his address to the nation yesterday.
Chief Election Commissioner Sikandar Sultan Raja will chair the meeting to review allegations of Prime Minister Imran regarding Senate elections.
In his televised speech, PM Imran Khan had questioned transparency of Senate election, saying that it failed to conduct fair election.
Khan said the ECP did not take measures to ensure transparent polling and held it responsible for the illegal practice of buying and selling of votes as it did not introduce traceable ballots.
“Election Commission has damaged the democracy by holding Senate election through secret ballot,” the Prime Minister said in a statement.
“Why ECP told the top court that Senate elections should be held through secret ballot?,” the PM questioned.
The ECP, he said, could have employed the latest technology in order to know who the turncoats in Senate elections were.
All members of the election commission will attend today’s meeting. The commission has also acquired the video of the premier's speech.
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Syria goes to the polls next month09:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021