Saudi army chief replaced on Raheel Sharif's recommendation: report
JEDDAH - A local newspaper made a stunning revelation regarding the role of former chief of army staff and head of Islamic Military Alliance General (retd) Raheel Sharif in change of top command of Saudi Arabia's army.
The Daily Khabrain newspaper claimed that replacement of Saudi Arabia’s army chief was conducted following the recommendation of Raheel Sharif in order to develop better working relations with the alliance.
Before the formation of a proper army for Saudi-led alliance, Sharif wanted a motivated commander of Saudi Arabia’s ground forces who is able to defend the country from the front.
The newspaper added that the Saudi King also desired to send the former Saudi army head Lieutenant General Eid bin Awad Al-Shalawi on rest due to his some wrong decision during ongoing Yemen war that damaged the national interests directly, besides causing loss of many lives.
The daily claimed that the Saudi King Shah Salman has been reprimanding the ex-chief for conducting operations against a minority sect and its consequences but no new strategy was chalked out.
Keeping in view such failures, General Raheel Sharif recommended the appointment of new head of army. Later, the Saudi government decided to appoint Fahad Bin Turkey as the new army chief.
The major step depicts the importance given by the Saudi Arabia to the head of Islamic Military Alliance in key matters. It is worth noting that Saudi government had given invitation to Iran to join the military alliance on his suggestion.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020