Polling for PP-84 Khushab by-election underway
KHUSHAB – The polling process in the Punjab Assembly constituency of PP-84 Khushab has started for the by-election.
People of Punjab’s Sargodha Division are exercising their right to vote today to elect their preferred candidate and the voting process will continue without any interval till 5 pm today.
The seat of this constituency fell vacant after MPA Malik Muhammad Waris of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz died from Covid-19 complications in March this year.
Eight candidates are contesting for the PP-84 seat. However, a close competition is expected between Sardar Ali Hussain Khan Baloch of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf and PML-N’s Malik Moazzam Sher Kallu. Pakistan People Party has fielded Ghulam Habib Ahmed against the other candidates.
The by-poll will be held in 229 polling stations, featuring 666 polling booths - 344 for male and 322 for female. The total registered voters in the constituency amount to 292,687 of which 155,104 are male and 137,583 female.
Senate elections 2021 – Opposition find ‘spy ... 01:01 PM | 12 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistani Senators and the leaders from both government and opposition leaders were surprised to ...
Earlier on Monday, Commissioner Sargodha Division Dr. Farah Masood and Regional Police Officer (RPO) Sargodha Ashfaq Khan visited the district and reviewed security arrangements for the poll.
The officials directed the DPO and DC to ensure strict security and enforcement of Covid SPOs during the elections.
- Nadal downs Djokovic to clinch record-extending 10th Italian Open ...11:50 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Bollywood's Hina Khan wears Pakistani designer on Eid-ul-Fitr02:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021