Investigation report about Gaddani incident to be submitted within week
The seven-member committee headed by Minister for Defence Production, Rana Tanveer Hussain proceeded for the detailed visit of the ship on site.
A high-level committee constituted by Prime Minister to investigate causes leading to fire incident of an oil tanker at Gaddani also held its first meeting in Karachi, said a statement issued here on Saturday.
The Committee probed various stakeholders including Owner of the Ship, Members of Labour union and senior officials of Environment Protection Department, Balochistan Development Custom Authorities etc.
In the end, Minister Rana Tanveer Hussain affirmed to submit the investigation report within one week duly fixing responsibility and recommending ways to avert such disasters in future.
He assured that appropriate action will be taken against those who are found negligent. The ship breaking activity will soon restart at Gaddani.
- WATCH - PM Imran pays surprise visit to PIMS, enquires about ...10:32 AM | 11 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-11-Updated 10:00 ...09:28 AM | 11 May, 2021
- Pakistan reports 3,084 new COVID-19 cases, 113 deaths in 24 hours09:25 AM | 11 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 11 May 202108:48 AM | 11 May, 2021
- Video of elephant playing cricket goes viral11:59 PM | 10 May, 2021
- Mahira Khan’s son believes she should win an Oscar for Maula Jatt09:05 PM | 10 May, 2021
- Ertugrul famed Didem Balcin welcomes a baby boy08:47 PM | 10 May, 2021
- Pakistani stars voice support for Palestine05:22 PM | 10 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021