Investigation report about Gaddani incident to be submitted within week
The seven-member committee headed by Minister for Defence Production, Rana Tanveer Hussain proceeded for the detailed visit of the ship on site.
A high-level committee constituted by Prime Minister to investigate causes leading to fire incident of an oil tanker at Gaddani also held its first meeting in Karachi, said a statement issued here on Saturday.
The Committee probed various stakeholders including Owner of the Ship, Members of Labour union and senior officials of Environment Protection Department, Balochistan Development Custom Authorities etc.
In the end, Minister Rana Tanveer Hussain affirmed to submit the investigation report within one week duly fixing responsibility and recommending ways to avert such disasters in future.
He assured that appropriate action will be taken against those who are found negligent. The ship breaking activity will soon restart at Gaddani.
- China establishes world's largest 5G mobile network09:38 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- How many Pakistanis are expected to perform Hajj this year, reveals ...08:55 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Jamshed Iqbal Cheema appointed SAPM on food security07:48 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- In first step to control price hike, new Pakistani finance minister ...07:35 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021