Negotiating committee, Rahbar Committee meets in Islamabad to resume talks today
ISLAMABAD - The government's negotiation team, led by Defence Minister Pervez Khattak and opposition's Rahbar Committee, headed by Jamiat Ulema-e-Isalm Fazl’s (JUI-F) Akram Khan Durrani will meet today (Tuesday) to resume talks on the ‘Azadi March’.
According to media details, the government committee will meet the Rahbar Committee in Islamabad.
Earlier, speaking to the media the government team leader Khattak expressed the hope for good results in today's meeting and said that the opposition is adhering to the agreement it had signed with the government.
On the other hand, Rahbar Committee Head Durrani said that they had presented demands of the opposition to the government and detailed discussions were held in this context.
Earlier, JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman had extended the two-days ultimatum given to Prime Minister Imran Khan to step down amid ongoing Azadi March where thousands of protesters have converged on the federal capital.
The opposition parties on Monday unanimously decided to continue with their protest in the federal capital following the All Parties Conference (APC), with their resolution to be announced during the rallies by JUI-F chief.
Meanwhile, the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q), a strong ally of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) at Centre and in Punjab province, has geared up efforts to bring the ongoing opposition's sit-in against the government to a peaceful end through negotiations.
PML-Q Chairman Chaudhry Shujat Hussain and Speaker Punjab Assembly Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi on Monday reached the residence of Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman.
Talking to media, Chaudhry brothers said that they have come here for reconciliation between the government and protesters, adding, "All issues can be settled through reconciliation". But it is not clear if they have been assigned this task by the premier.
They hoped that there would be an amicable resolution for the ongoing agitation.
- Infinix grand reward for its customers to celebrate Blessed Week10:26 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019