PM Imran asked to take action against Mehwish Hayat's latest TV commercial
ISLAMABAD – Senior journalist Ansar Abbasi has criticized Pemra and the incumbent government over a TV commercial and demanded of Prime Minister Imran Khan to take action and ban such "vulgar dance" videos on national televisions.
Abbasi, in a tweet, said that TV channels would now air Mujra to sell biscuits. "Where is Pemra? Will PM Imran Khan take any action on this matter? Wasn't Pakistan built in the name of Islam,” he questioned.
He was referring to a 1 minute 37 seconds long commercial of a local manufacturing biscuit company (TV commercial), featuring Mehwish Hayat.
Reacting to this, TV host Shafaat Ali said that a lot of obscenity is really spreading, you should throw your TV in the trash and make a video and upload it. People like you will also be encouraged.
واقعی بہت فحاشی پھیل رہی ہے، آپ کو چاہئیے اپنا ٹی وی کچرے میں پھینک دیں اور وڈیو بنا کر اپلوڈ کر دیں۔ آپ کے ہمخیال لوگوں کو بھی ترغیب ہوگی۔ https://t.co/oZFp7L8wbs— Shafaat Ali (@iamshafaatali) October 4, 2020
Let me take you on a majestic journey of our #des, as the most awaited #deskayqissay is unveiled. It has been an absolute pleasure to be part of this masterpiece by #Gala #deskabiscuit, where we cherish the cultural diversity of our des bcoz “apnay des ka har rung hai Niraala” ♥️ pic.twitter.com/BBb6IQ0IMp— Mehwish Hayat TI (@MehwishHayat) October 4, 2020
- UN lifts decade-long arms embargo on Iran12:13 AM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa beat Southern Punjab to win National T20 Cup 202011:58 PM | 18 Oct, 2020
- US analyst all praise for Pakistan's handling of coronavirus pandemic11:48 PM | 18 Oct, 2020
- Massive fire at Lahore's Hafeez Centre 'controlled', says DG Rescue11:12 PM | 18 Oct, 2020
- LIVE: Maryam, Bilawal and Maulana take the stage as PDM kicks off ...09:48 PM | 18 Oct, 2020
- Dexter to return after eight years03:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2020
- With over 7 billion views, ‘Despacito’ becomes most viewed ...01:19 PM | 17 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan up 6 places on Global Hunger Index 202004:18 PM | 17 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran asks Tiger Force volunteers to regularly check eatables’ ...05:08 PM | 11 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020