Daesh ‘driven out’ from Turkey-Syria border
Turkish forces and Ankara-backed Free Syrian Army fighters recaptured the town of Jarablus, cutting off money and supplies, and possible recruits, Turkish state-run news agency Anadolu reported. Azaz is also a key town in the region.
"The Jarablus-Azaz line is totally under the control of FSA (Free Syrian Army) backed by coalition forces," a Turkish armed forces member told CNN Sunday.
"Our 91km border has been completely secured," he said during a televised speech. "All terrorist organizations have been repulsed and they have gone," said Turkey's Prime Minister Binali Yildirim.
Syrian rebels pushed "ISIL fighters to pull out towards al-Bab, which is their last remaining stronghold in northern Syria" Al Jazeera reported.
Turkey's announcement came a day after rebel forces ran through several villages seemingly absent of Islamic State militants.
- PSL 2021 – Peshawar Zalmi take on Quetta Gladiators tonight06:41 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia cancels Hajj for international pilgrims over COVID-19 ...06:11 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran hails 'historic' budget to beat climate change, reverse ...05:08 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021