Pakistan: Dozens of doctors suspended for refusing coronavirus duty
QUETTA - Balochistan government has suspended over three dozen doctors who declined to perform duties in Taftan, a town near Pakistan-Iran border, amid ongoing health emergency due to coronavirus outbreak in the province.
Provincial government Focal Person for Coronavirus Prevention Umair Hasni announced the decision about the suspension of 44 doctors while addressing a press conference in Dalbandin.
He said that 12 doctors were earlier suspended after they failed to report for duty during the emergency situation.
Coronavirus patients in Taftan are in dire need of doctor for their care, he said, adding that a strict action will be taken against those who violated the orders.
Meanwhile, construction of a permanent quarantine center for coronavirus patients has been started at Taftan border.
According to officials, the center is being established on eleven acres land and it would have the capacity to accommodate 600 people.
NDMA will provide fully equipped residential containers for the center while Balochistan government will provide other facilities including roads, sanitation, drinking water and street lights.
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 3,277, according to government data available till Monday morning, after recording 397 new cases in past 24 hours.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 50, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 257 patients have fully recovered.
Punjab has become the worst-hit province in the country with 1493 cases (12 deaths) followed by Sindh, 881 (15 deaths); Kyber Pakhtunkhwa, 405 (16 deaths); Gilgit Baltistan, 210 (3 deaths); Balochistan 192 (1 death); Islamabad 82; and Azad Jammu and Kashmir, 15.
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan Army shoots down Indian spy drone along LoC06:42 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Probe demanded into killing of CSP officer Zubaidullah06:30 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020