Govt to conduct forensic audit of NAB judge video presented by Maryam Nawaz
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information, Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan confirmed on Saturday that a forensic verification of the videos presented by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Vice President, Maryam Nawaz would be conducted.
In an interaction with newsmen, she dismissed the claims made by Maryam Nawaz and expressed that it was illegal to capture someone's private interaction.
'Maryam has pointed fingers against the judiciary, let alone against a single judge which is a conspiracy to tarnish the institutions,' Awan said.
The special assistant continued that nothing would be concealed from the public after the verification of the video.
She also referred to the audio tape of a former judge in which he was talking to sitting Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz President, Shehbaz Sharif.
"The individual presented as a source in the video is Nasir Butt who happens to be a business partner of Nawaz Sharif and a murderer," Awan alleged.
The statement came after Maryam Nawaz played a video in her press conference wherein Judge Arshad Malik was captured talking to Nasir Butt and allegedly admitted to a lack of evidence against former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the Al-Azizia Steel Mills reference.
In December, the accountability court judge had sentenced Nawaz Sharif to seven years in prison in the same corruption case filed by the National Accountability Bureau.
'No proofs of corruption against Nawaz Sharif in ... 05:02 PM | 6 Jul, 2019
LAHORE - The top leadership of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) on Saturday released a secretly recorded video clip ...
“No evidence that a single penny has been shifted from Pakistan. No evidence of shifting any money by accused from Pakistan,” Maryam translated the judge Arshad Malik as saying from the video.
Maryam alleged that the judge had contacted Nasir and told him that he was feeling “guilt” after announcing the verdict against Nawaz.
She claimed that the judge was blackmailed into issuing the verdict against her father and that her father became a victim of “political revenge”.
- Pakistan Army airlifts 22 LUMS students trapped in Gilgit snow08:02 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Govt allows duty-free import of wheat to tackle crisis07:35 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- PSL 2020 tickets to go up for sale tonight07:08 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Tourism industry sets to take off after govt embraces digitization07:06 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan squad for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 announced06:56 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani thanks fans for showering her with love01:38 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Fahad Mustafa lauds Humayun Saeed for his acting in MPTH01:24 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Sarmad Khoosat considers withdrawing Zindagi Tamasha after hundreds ...01:01 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019