Govt to conduct forensic audit of NAB judge video presented by Maryam Nawaz
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information, Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan confirmed on Saturday that a forensic verification of the videos presented by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Vice President, Maryam Nawaz would be conducted.
In an interaction with newsmen, she dismissed the claims made by Maryam Nawaz and expressed that it was illegal to capture someone's private interaction.
'Maryam has pointed fingers against the judiciary, let alone against a single judge which is a conspiracy to tarnish the institutions,' Awan said.
The special assistant continued that nothing would be concealed from the public after the verification of the video.
She also referred to the audio tape of a former judge in which he was talking to sitting Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz President, Shehbaz Sharif.
"The individual presented as a source in the video is Nasir Butt who happens to be a business partner of Nawaz Sharif and a murderer," Awan alleged.
The statement came after Maryam Nawaz played a video in her press conference wherein Judge Arshad Malik was captured talking to Nasir Butt and allegedly admitted to a lack of evidence against former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the Al-Azizia Steel Mills reference.
In December, the accountability court judge had sentenced Nawaz Sharif to seven years in prison in the same corruption case filed by the National Accountability Bureau.
“No evidence that a single penny has been shifted from Pakistan. No evidence of shifting any money by accused from Pakistan,” Maryam translated the judge Arshad Malik as saying from the video.
Maryam alleged that the judge had contacted Nasir and told him that he was feeling “guilt” after announcing the verdict against Nawaz.
She claimed that the judge was blackmailed into issuing the verdict against her father and that her father became a victim of “political revenge”.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020