Lal Shahbaz Qalandar Urs: Heat strokes claim four more lives in Sehwan
According to media reports, the death toll due to extremely hot weather reaches 9 on the 2nd day of Urs.
The mercury touched 45-degree Celsius today (Sunday) increasing the difficulties of pilgrims who were complaining about lack of facilities at the shrine.
The visitors come prepared to stay in the city throughout the urs, with some renting houses from locals while others carry tents with them for their sojourn.
Lal Shahbaz's urs (death anniversary commemoration) is held at Sehwan on the 18 of Shaaban, eighth month of the Muslim calendar.
More than half a million pilgrims from all over Pakistan flock to the city. On each morning of the three-day feast, Sehwan is packed with pilgrims and devotees who sing and indulge in trance-like dance from early morning till night.
Folk singers (mandali) from different regions of the country are also part of the event each year.
- NBP closes one of four Bangladesh branches11:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shaheen Afridi pays his respect to Lala for wishing him success10:07 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Master Paints Jinnah Gold Cup 2021: Diamond Paints clinch title09:20 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Sri Lanka receives first COVID-19 vaccines shipment from COVAX08:28 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021