‘BullsEye’: Pakistan Air Force displays fiery firepower demo in Sonmiani
President Arif Alvi hails professionalism, capabilities of PAF
QUETTA – The Pakistan Air Force on Wednesday morning held an amazing demonstration of its fierce firepower at Balochistan's Somiani firing range.
The JF 17 Thunder jets, helicopter gunships and Commandos of Special Services Wing displayed their skills in the firing range.
The ceremony was attended by President Arif Alvi, Air Chief Marshall Mujahid Anwar Khan, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Zubair Mehmood Hayart among others.
Strongly hailing the professionalism and capabilities of the PAF , President Alvi said the air force has a proud history of defending the country's aerial frontiers. He also appreciative of the PAF 's pursuit for modernization through indigenization.
“Our armed forces, capable and ready to face internal and external challenges, stood in complete synergy during the two-decade long war on terrorism,” Alvi said.
He added Pakistan wishes to maintain peaceful relations with all the nations especially the neighbors. “We are, however, not oblivious to safeguarding our national interests and sovereignty,” he continued.
The president once again reiterated Pakistan’s continuous support to Kashmiri people for their just struggle for right to self-determination.
He urged the international community to bring an end to blatant human rights violations and curfew in occupied Kashmir and expedite the resolution of Kashmir dispute in accordance with the UN Security Council resolutions.
- 10 patients die as lawyers’ protest intensifies at Lahore's Punjab ...01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- IHC approves bail of Asif Ali Zardari on medical grounds12:50 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Meesha Shafi records her statement in harassment case12:39 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019