Hackers start targeting Whatsapp users in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - Whatsapp users in Pakistan are in vulnerable position as hackers have started targeting their accounts in a new way, local media reported.
A Hum news report citing sources said that Whatsapp users are send a message comprising six-digit malware code from any of their contact numbers.
Following the message, another SMS is received by users, informing them that the code has been sent to them mistakenly.
The recipients are then asked to share the code. As the users forward the malware conde, his Whatsapp account is hacked and the same message is sent to all persons in the victim’s contact list.
- Pakistan reports highest daily COVID cases in 3 months as positivity ...09:25 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 31 July 202109:13 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Why is Turkey offering to protect Kabul airport after US troop ...11:35 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows foreign tourists after 17-month Covid lockdown11:07 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Asim Azhar performs soulful rendition of Janam Fida-e-Haideri06:30 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Indian remake of Noor Jehan’s song in anti-Pakistan movie angers ...09:49 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021