Daesh claims responsibility for Jhal Magsi's shrine blast
KARACHI - Daesh has claimed responsibility for Thursday's suspected suicide blast at a shrine in Jhal Magsi area of Balochistan, in which at least 22 people were killed.
“Islamic State (IS) is behind the attack on Dargah Fatehpur shrine”, a Turkish News Agency aa.com.tr
reported while quoting deputy inspector general of police. However, the officer declined to give further details on this issue, the report added.
A suspected suicide bomber blew himself up at the entrance of the Sufi shrine in remote Jhal Magsi district -- located some 400 kilometers (248 miles) east of provincial capital Quetta -- minutes before sunset when hundreds of devotees were attending a religious congregation.
Pakistan in the recent past has denied the presence of Daesh footprints on its soil, saying the Middle Eastern terrorist network has no attraction for Pakistani youths.
The network, however, has claimed responsibility for several terrorist attacks across Pakistan in recent months, including a suicide attack on a famous Sufi shrine -- Lal Shahbaz Qalandar’s shrine -- in southern Sindh province earlier this year that killed over 90 people.
Over a dozen suspected Daesh terrorists were killed during a security operation in Balochistan province that was aimed at recovery of a Chinese couple kidnapped by the terrorist network in June this year.
The Chinese couple was later killed by the group.
- COAS satisfied over LEA’s coherent response for peace in Karachi12:05 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- India, China agree to cool down tension along LAC after Galwan clash10:58 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- India approves purchase of Russian fighter jets amid border stand-off ...10:32 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Stock Exchange sets up fund for attack victims10:26 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- At least 126 jade miners buried in Myanmar landslide10:11 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Khan's home staff contract coronavirus01:32 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat writes a heartwarming birthday wish for filmmaker Uzma ...12:57 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Samra Raza Mir to release a new song soon12:36 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020