US expresses concern over the grim situation in Occupied Kashmir, urges Indian Govt to respect HR
WASHINGTON - The United States (US) has expressed concern over the grim situation in Indian Occupied Kashmir following India's 5th August move of abrogating the special status of Kashmir.
Talking to media in Washington, US State Department Spokesperson, Morgan Ortagus said we continue to be very concerned by widespread detentions and the restrictions on the residents of the region.
She said we are also concerned about reports that internet and mobile phone access continues to be blocked in certain regions, the Radio Pakistan reported.
She urged the Indian government to respect human rights and restore access to services such as the internet and mobile networks.
- Masoumeh Ebtekar: Iran's vice president infected by coronavirus11:54 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Hadi Khosrowshahi: Iran's ex-ambassador to Vatican dies of coronavirus11:47 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Coronavirus: Pakistan's Aviation division establishes emergency ...11:36 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan, Qatar agree to further enhance economic cooperation11:19 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pink Floyd: PM Imran tweets Roger Waters’ video criticising ...11:10 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- TikTok is cancer, says Feroze Khan03:05 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Celebrities speak out against the brutal treatment of Muslims in Delhi02:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- ‘Ehd-e-Wafa’ makers planning to air finale in cinemas02:15 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019