Pakistani dies after US consulate vehicle hits bike in Islamabad (Video)
Kohsar Police said the vehicle was being driven by Colonel Joseph, the US military attaché, when the accident happened.
The man, identified as Ateeq Baig, died on the spot following the accident.
An accident involving a US embassy vehicle occurred in Islamabad. MOFA is looking into the matter. Investigations are being carried out.— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) April 7, 2018
Police said the US diplomat was not arrested due to diplomatic immunity, while the vehicle was impounded by Islamabad police.
Seven years back, CIA contractor Raymond Allen Davis sparked a diplomatic storm in Pakistan after shooting dead two young men - Faizan and Faheem - in 'self-defence' at Lahore's Qurtaba Chowk.
A car coming to rescue Davis killed a third man, Ibadur Rahman, in a hit-and-run while speeding on the wrong side of the road on January 27, 2011.
On March 16, the same year, Davis was released after the families of the two killed men were paid $2.4 million as blood money. Judges then acquitted him on all charges and Davis immediately returned to the United States.
- Pakistan's best shortest format players assemble for National T20; ...07:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021