Pakistani dies after US consulate vehicle hits bike in Islamabad (Video)
Kohsar Police said the vehicle was being driven by Colonel Joseph, the US military attaché, when the accident happened.
The man, identified as Ateeq Baig, died on the spot following the accident.
An accident involving a US embassy vehicle occurred in Islamabad. MOFA is looking into the matter. Investigations are being carried out.— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) April 7, 2018
Police said the US diplomat was not arrested due to diplomatic immunity, while the vehicle was impounded by Islamabad police.
Seven years back, CIA contractor Raymond Allen Davis sparked a diplomatic storm in Pakistan after shooting dead two young men - Faizan and Faheem - in 'self-defence' at Lahore's Qurtaba Chowk.
A car coming to rescue Davis killed a third man, Ibadur Rahman, in a hit-and-run while speeding on the wrong side of the road on January 27, 2011.
On March 16, the same year, Davis was released after the families of the two killed men were paid $2.4 million as blood money. Judges then acquitted him on all charges and Davis immediately returned to the United States.
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021