Is Altaf Hussain real? Crazy conspiracy theory goes viral in Pakistan
KARACHI (Staff Report) - A new conspiracy theory on social media is surrounding Muttahida Qaumi Movement chief Altaf Hussain, and many people are saying he is already dead.
They say the man making speeches from London is not the real Altaf Hussain, who moved to UK in the early years of 1990. According to them, he was either killed or went underground after plastic surgery.
There is also a section of people who believe Altaf has been long dead and some RAW (Indian) agent has been planted in his place after plastic surgery. “This can be true as no picture of Altaf Hussain was released for years after 1992 Operation Clean-up in Karachi,” a mirco blogger said.
Besides his anti-state speeches, some twitter trollers have also criticised Altaf's over-sized belly and huge head.
— Amna Pakistani (@amna_sayx) August 7, 2015
#IsAltafAlive ? Heard he was going through a liposuction during which he expired ? :O — Fatima Hussain (@SarzameenPk) August 7, 2015
MQM is planning to kill Mustafa kamal bcz he's ready to expose Fake RAW planted agent #IsAltafAlive pic.twitter.com/DQ0ZLQQUQP — sumairajamil (@real_sumaira) August 7, 2015
— 1947 (@Ashn_Alee) August 7, 2015
However, the controversy is gaining momentum and allegedly many investigative journalists are working on it.
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan marks “World No Tobacco Day” today11:49 AM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020