Newlywed Priyanka Chopra responds to article branding her 'global scam artist'
Chopra married Jonas in a three-day wedding celebration earlier this week. Shortly after the ceremony had concluded, The Cut article, titled “Is Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas’s Love for Real?”, questioned the legitimacy of their relationship.
An earlier story about Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas did not meet our standards. We've removed it and apologize https://t.co/DkcOatMV2z— The Cut (@TheCut) December 5, 2018
In the piece, writer cum comedian Mariah Smith claimed that while Jonas was only looking for a “fling” with Hollywood’s latest “It woman”, instead he “wound up staring at a life sentence with a global scam artist”.
The writer had theorized that Chopra, a Bollywood superstar with millions of social media followers, who has successfully crossed over to Hollywood with her lead role on Quantico show, was somehow using Jonas for her own gain.
The Cut had removed the article shortly after publishing it and issued an editor’s note that said: “The Cut published a post about Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra’s relationship that shouldn’t have gone up. We’ve received dozens of messages from readers expressing their anger.
"We want you to know that we hear you and we’re sorry. The whole piece missed the mark. There is no good explanation for this other than human error and poor judgment. This was a mistake, and we apologize to our readers and to Priyanka and Nick.”
On Thursday, Priyanka responded with a dignified response to the matter.
About the “vile, negative” story about her on @TheCut, @priyankachopra : I don’t even want to react or comment. It’s not even in my stratosphere. I’m in a happy place at this moment. These kind of random things can’t disturb it”— Sonal Kalra (@sonalkalra) December 5, 2018
According to Sonal Kalra, managing editor of entertainment for the Hindustan Times, Chopra said: “I don’t even want to react or comment. It’s not even in my stratosphere. I’m in a happy place at this moment. These kinds of random things can’t disturb it.”
What are your views on this?
- Pakistan among top 10 worst-affected countries on Global Terrorism ...12:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- China becomes world's second nation to plant flag on Moon11:37 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Rahim Pardesi introduces both his wives to the world for the first ...10:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- ‘Kiss of death’: COVID-19 positive officer takes revenge on KMC ...10:17 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- realme and Daraz gear up for another Sale Daraz 12 1209:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020