Salman Khan cancels US event by Pakistani promoter
According to IANS, Bollywood actor Salman Khan has reportedly cancelled a live performance in Houston, United States. Salman’s decision is an outcome of the fact that the event was being organised by Pakistani event promoter, Rehan Siddiqui.
Previously, Bollywood actor and singer Diljit Dosanjh had to cancel going toan upcoming show being promoted by Siddiqui after being issued a notice by Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE).
This is not the first time Indian artists have refused to work with Pakistani promoters in the US. Earlier on, singers Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik and Udit Narayan had refused to be a part of any show arranged by promoters of Pakistani origin.
“Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan and I are coming to the United States to perform but we will not attend any show promoted by a Pakistani.Promoters who are from other countries have nothing to worry about. We will be performing in their shows,” Kumar Sanu had said in a video posted on his socials.
Tensions have escalated between Pakistan and India after India revoked special status of occupied Kashmir last year.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020