Canadian held for flight in balloons-powered lawn chair
Daniel Boria, 26, was charged with one count of mischief causing danger to life and one count of mischief to property under $5,000 ($3,950 USD) for his stunt, which was meant to promote a cleaning company.
His flight didn't go as planned, though.
The lawn chair quickly took to the air after his team released it, but he was unable to properly maneuver the apparatus. Calgary police said he was first spotted near the downtown area, the UPI reported.
As he approached downtown Calgary, police said Boria jumped from his chair and opened a parachute he was wearing. He had a bit of a rough landing in a green space, slightly injuring both his ankles.
"Although officers are not able to confirm his exact destination, the man has indicated he was attempting to land in the Stampede grounds," a news release from the police department said.
- Hassan Afzal Khan appointed new Pakistan consul general for Dubai08:00 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- COAS Bajwa visits Baloch Regimental Centre Abbottabad07:18 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 5.3 magnitude earthquake jolts Islamabad, parts of KP06:50 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 9-year-old Dalit girl raped, murdered by Hindu priest, three others ...06:17 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Nazir Chohan parts ways with Jahangir Tareen-led PTI faction05:41 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Sarah Khan flaunts baby bump in new photos03:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021