India's narrow political agenda marginalizes Muslims and other minorities: UN Human Rights chief
NEW YORK – UN High Commissioner for Human rights Michelle Bachelet said that Indian divisive political agenda has extensively marginalized Muslims and other minorities in the country.
In her annual report to the U.N. Human Rights Council in Geneva, she said they have received reports about increasing harassment and targeting of minorities.
The High Commissioner expressed concern that the demands of citizens protesting against inequality are being met by violent and excessive use of force, adding that “I fear that these divisive policies will not only harm many individuals.
UN chief urges Pakistan India to sustain positive ... 11:47 AM | 2 Mar, 2019
NEW YORK – United Nations’ Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has called on India and Pakistan to keep up the ...
While expressing concern over the prevailing tensions in Indian-occupied Kashmir, the UN High Commissioner said that her office was ready to investigate the situation on the ground.
Bachelet said that “I encourage and invite both India and Pakistan to my office to monitor the situation on the ground, and to assist both the states to address the human rights issues that must be part of any solution to the conflict.”
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Balochistan doctors allowed to carry out private practice in ...05:23 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019