Protecting SMEs Govt’s top priority, says Dr Hafeez
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister's Adviser on Finance Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh has said protecting Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) is top priority of the government.
While speaking at the inauguration of Secure Transaction Registry in Islamabad today (Thursday), the Adviser said SMEs are producing just ten percent of their total capacity. He said security registry will improve financial aides to SMEs as well as help flourish the smaller and medium industries in the country.
Dr Hafeez said the secure registry will especially benefit small industries, which have no moveable property for mortgaging. He said now the small industries can mortgage their moveable properties like machinery, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The registry has been inaugurated in collaboration between State Bank of Pakistan and Security Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020