Protecting SMEs Govt’s top priority, says Dr Hafeez
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister's Adviser on Finance Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh has said protecting Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) is top priority of the government.
While speaking at the inauguration of Secure Transaction Registry in Islamabad today (Thursday), the Adviser said SMEs are producing just ten percent of their total capacity. He said security registry will improve financial aides to SMEs as well as help flourish the smaller and medium industries in the country.
Dr Hafeez said the secure registry will especially benefit small industries, which have no moveable property for mortgaging. He said now the small industries can mortgage their moveable properties like machinery, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The registry has been inaugurated in collaboration between State Bank of Pakistan and Security Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020