Another KP minister tests positive for COVID-19 as cases top 24,000
PESHAWAR - Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Minister for Housing Dr Amjad Ali tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday as cases surged to 24,073 in Pakistan.
The minister took the test after he developed some symptoms of the virus and after result came back positive. Ali has self-isolated himself at his house.
The housing minister is the third members of the provincial assembly who has contracted the virus.
In April, Special Assistant to KP Chief Minister on Local Government and Rural Development Kamran Bangash had been diagnosed with the COVID-19. He has now recovered from the infection.
In March, another provincial lawmaker and PTI leader Abdul Salam Afridi had tested positive for the coronavirus. He remained in isolation at his house for over two weeks and fully recovered.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020