Another KP minister tests positive for COVID-19 as cases top 24,000
PESHAWAR - Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Minister for Housing Dr Amjad Ali tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday as cases surged to 24,073 in Pakistan.
The minister took the test after he developed some symptoms of the virus and after result came back positive. Ali has self-isolated himself at his house.
The housing minister is the third members of the provincial assembly who has contracted the virus.
In April, Special Assistant to KP Chief Minister on Local Government and Rural Development Kamran Bangash had been diagnosed with the COVID-19. He has now recovered from the infection.
In March, another provincial lawmaker and PTI leader Abdul Salam Afridi had tested positive for the coronavirus. He remained in isolation at his house for over two weeks and fully recovered.
- PM Imran lauds Turkish President for raising his voice in support of ...11:14 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Middle schools reopen in Federal Capital, Punjab, KP & Balochistan ...10:45 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- President Arif Alvi approves Pakistan Medical Commission Bill 202008:53 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran directs to ensure availability of wheat on reasonable ...08:27 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020