SC to resume hearing of Panama Leaks petitions today
The SC will also decide on forming a one-judge judicial commission to hear the case. On the previous hearing, the apex court had given the children of PM Nawaz Sharif time till Monday to submit their statements, with the warning that if the statements were not submitted according to law, the accusations would be deemed true.
The CJ had remarked that a one-member judicial commission would be formed with the powers of the Supreme Court to probe into the information emanating from the Panama Papers truce.
Multiple political parties, including the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, Jamaat-e-Islami, Awami Muslim League and Jamhoori Watan Party, and an individual Tariq Asad had moved the apex court against PM Nawaz Sharif and his family over various charges, including money-laundering, setting up of offshore companies illegally and non-declaration of their assets, etc.
PM’s Spokesperson Musaddaq Malik has confirmed that Hassan and Hussain Nawaz will submit their statements in the SC today (Monday).
Pakistan Peoples Party had also hinted at the possibility of joining Panama Papers case in the Supreme Court.
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Lt Gen Muhammad Aamer assumes charge as Gujranwala Corps commander08:16 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021