SC to resume hearing of Panama Leaks petitions today
The SC will also decide on forming a one-judge judicial commission to hear the case. On the previous hearing, the apex court had given the children of PM Nawaz Sharif time till Monday to submit their statements, with the warning that if the statements were not submitted according to law, the accusations would be deemed true.
The CJ had remarked that a one-member judicial commission would be formed with the powers of the Supreme Court to probe into the information emanating from the Panama Papers truce.
Multiple political parties, including the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, Jamaat-e-Islami, Awami Muslim League and Jamhoori Watan Party, and an individual Tariq Asad had moved the apex court against PM Nawaz Sharif and his family over various charges, including money-laundering, setting up of offshore companies illegally and non-declaration of their assets, etc.
PM’s Spokesperson Musaddaq Malik has confirmed that Hassan and Hussain Nawaz will submit their statements in the SC today (Monday).
Pakistan Peoples Party had also hinted at the possibility of joining Panama Papers case in the Supreme Court.
- UAE inaugurates 'Asia's largest' visa centre in Pakistan09:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to conduct all exams as per schedule, says Education ...08:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Battle Axe Polo Cup sponsored by Faysal Bank: Remounts win another ...07:06 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- The City School inaugurated Raziuddin Shaikh All-Pakistan Senior ...06:43 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Aqeel and Sarah win Shehryar Malik Memorial Tennis titles06:24 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Title song of ‘Kahay Dil Jidhar’ starring Mansha Pasha and Junaid ...05:00 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Sajal Aly talks about her relationship with Janhvi Kapoor04:16 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan’s new dance video breaks the internet03:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021