Samsung flags nearly 80% jump in Q3 operating profit
SEOUL (APP) - South Korea's Samsung Electronics on Wednesday flagged a nearly 80 percent jump in its third-quarter operating profit as a weaker Korean currency helped boost overseas sales.
In an earnings estimate, the giant smartphone and memory-chip maker predicted an operating profit of around 7.3 trillion won ($6.3 billion) for the July-September period, up from 4.1 trillion a year ago.
- Pakistan set to join ADB’s first ever Energy Transition Mechanism08:35 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Two million Pakistanis to go abroad for jobs in next 2 years, hopes ...07:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Bloodbath at PSX as KSE-100 index plummets over 2,000 points07:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Tourism Dept committed to restoring museums, historical sites in ...06:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Hasan, Imad and Sarfaraz left out as Pakistan name squad for West ...06:14 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Minal Khan shares a dreamy throwback video from her Maldives vacation04:20 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Salman Khan's family not invited to Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's ...03:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Merub Ali spills the beans about her relationship with Asim Azhar03:15 PM | 2 Dec, 2021